Friday 3 April 2015

ONCE UPON A houseWIFE...FREE THINKERS #4




Ever wondered what a revolutionized and tamed house wife would look like when she breaks free from the smoked huts and the never reciprocated love of the husband?
I say this is the Myth of the six inch heel; the power of the freedom. I sat wondering what form my next post would take when a very dear friend of mine (May EliyeEkene) sent me these pictures and tagged it 'Once upon a Housewife'. I laughed and fell in-love with the pictures but instead of telling you about the pissed off wife who finally sees the light beyond her thatched house and kerosene lamp, I would write of...

Jema...she loved too hard and walked on lazy feet for too long
She bathed her eyes with the smoke of ungratefulness and stirred hate-filled meals with innocence 
Jema...her lips were smeared with the red of her veins, with her ankles firmly hinged to the pole of submission.
Jema..her womb bore the silent hatred and abuse of relegation and the disgust of her femininity.
Breathe for her, BREATHE
...and when the storms rages out and the smoke of the slaved woods fade, then would the heel of Achilles grow proud with immunity and the distant legend be re-born.
I saw her house standing on her heel and her pride radiating with the glitter of her feet.
It wasn't all about the eye, it was about the pride;
pride born from the height. 
Jema...sing me a melody of the fallen house and walking heels.
After all...
“To wear dreams on one’s feet is to begin to give reality to one’s dreams.”-Roger Vivier






                                                                                                 
 "People say I am the king of painful shoes. I don't want to create painful shoes, but it is not my job to create something comfortable. I try to make high heels as comfortable as they can be, but my priority is design, beauty and sexiness. I'm not against them, but comfort is not my focus."-Christian Louboutin
Quotation source: www.justheels.net

No comments:

Post a Comment