Saturday 25 June 2016

BABY LOVE... #smile


In line with the beautiful month of June and the blessings  it has offered and still offers, I cannot help but dedicate a post to the biggest June miracle and blessing - My Niece, the one I love to call 'Ahuofe Patri'. June 17th was her birthday and though its late, I would rather it be now than never. Looking at her lovely birthday dress made me remember how beautifully re-modified and edgy children fashion has become. And my point of reference? DOLCE AND GABBANA.

Before the whole brouhaha on fashion and texture and pattern and ...well the usual, let me tell you a little story.

I was at a PEP store running through clothes, wondering what the sex of my sister's  baby was going to be. Clueless about both sex and weight I picked all kinds, well mostly unisex cloths; shades of pink that would not be weird on a boy and blue that would not be far from expressing the little sassy in a girl (nothing is a waste when it comes to baby clothes anyway right? lol ). And the best piece was the Blanket. Of course I could not help wondering if he or she would be attached to the blanket as I see children do in American movies (Frankly  I thought it a weird relationship and still do so why the thought? Ask me a year and two months ago).


I was at the office looking for a reason not to run out and pull my hair from its roots from sheer boredom when my mother calls and says, guess what? In a split second I know a beautiful child has arrived but again, sex and weight I am unsure of. I literally go haywire, hopping around like I was stepping on hot coals (true confession: when I learnt the mystery child was a girl I said, name her Ilemona, which of course is my name. Lol Don't tell her parents this is between me and the letters.) . I see her picture, fall in love and the rest  as they say is history.Speed it up one year, she celebrates her birthday though with me absent bodily, but I sure was present. #repin'filltime

As her father rightly put it she has become an integral part of The Salifus MEANING: someone or people who are neither normal nor abnormal; they are unique in a way that only unique cannot describe fully. They do not fit in averagely or expectedly, they are in a class of their own.

Who would not be inspired by that look *kisses till forever*
So then,
D &G of course have spun out collections of children and baby wears crafted in extraordinary simplicity and uniqueness. Launched at Dolce & Gabbana’s fall 2012 show Dolce & Gabbana Junior includes the brand's signature floral patterns, leopard prints, and adorable ballet flats. The styles are designed for kids from infants to 10 years old with scaled-down look. They have since produced beautifully cut and patterned dress that at both age and style appropriate. The Autumn Winter 2015-2016 ready-to-wear collection 'Viva La Mamma' is by far my favourite as Dolce and Gabban reiterates the connection between mother and child; a celebration of motherhood with a creation of mini dress for children reflective the women's collection. According to Vouge UK,"It was signature Dolce & Gabbana through and through – Sicilian lace dresses, Forties skirt suits, fit and flare coats. The red rose was the recurring motif; it popped up in sequins on a white shift dress, embroidered climbing its way up black guipure lace and red astrakhan dresses, and even, worked into prints featuring the Madonna and child."




“Your children are the greatest gift God will give to you, and their souls the heaviest responsibility He will place in your hands. Take time with them, teach them to have faith in God. Be a person in whom they can have faith. When you are old, nothing else you've done will have mattered as much.” 
― Lisa Wingate



Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” 
― Margaret Mead


“A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on.” 
― Carl Sandburg


“Don't handicap your children by making their lives easy.” 
― Robert A. Heinlein
 
  “You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.” 
― Madeleine L'Engle
 “Children see magic because they look for it.” 
― Christopher Moore

“The only love that I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.” 
― Karl Lagerfeld


Hats off to the dynamic duo and to the muse of this post- Salifu Enyo'ne Lenora. #Blessed 

                                                                                                       SOURCES:http://www.vogue.co.uk/
                                                                                                                           http://www.instyle.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment