Monday 20 October 2014

Stitch and FABRIC thresHOLD...

'Youths obey the clarion call, let us lift out nation high under the sun or in the rain, with dedication and selflessness....' Sounds familiar? well it would to the group of Nigerians that have undergone the compulsory Green, Orange and white Fashion.
I was totally ecstatic about treading this most talked about path, to go and explore new lands and meet people from an un-Ahmadu Bello University environment in the mines of NYSC. I did meet them, crazy and nice alike. Lagos camp was a mad house and a room of budding excellence. The most unforgettable blessing of my service year was my community development group-FASHION DESIGN.
 It created an environment for me to continually breed my passion for fashion. Yeah, the sketches where in place but to actually create the three dimensional dresses was like magical reality to me. My mother always pushed  me to do something more about my passion...then I heard the speaker call out for those that would be interested in fashion design. I did not wait for others to begin the catwalk, I jumped from my seat and ran towards the indicated canopy. That was when I knew more,that wishes can become reality
I rolled the sewing machines as though my life deepened on it. Every stitch I dedicated to my parents, sisters, brothers and friends who always told me, 'no come back Zaria oh, try find something do about this your fashion thing'. I did learn to sew, still rusty, but the foundation is definitely laid. I came up with a few simple samples but they are for me, one of my greatest service achievements

Sleeveless white dress merged with blue lace and embellishes with blue buttons at the base of the dress.
 
Simple dress with a platted skirt and baby puffed hands 
 
Simple knee length skirt with Ankara and lace at the bottom. Strips of the fabric was woven into the hole of the lace to give a little solidity to the plain white lace.
 
Short dress, created with the mixture of the yellow start material and plain cotton. The one-shouldered cape creates a little attitude...no be small stress dis dress give me...lol
 
  Mat weaving created at the knee length and bust region. The long zip at the back added little
embellishment against the simplicity of the back.

A simple long dress with triangular attachments to for a more flare effect, embellished a splash of big coloured buttons from the depth of the back to the ground length

You have to admit, the sister tried...lol. Models are no other than my sister Akpa Abojonyene Marylene and her twin sister from another mother, Agoro Damilola. Thanks for the free shots xxoo

'Do not despise the days of small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel's hands...'Zechariah 4:10

All dreams and wishes can come true. All it take is FAITH

No comments:

Post a Comment